Go Back   Ohio Bimmers forum > Ohio Bimmers > General BMW Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
///Monster
ENGINEER
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Name: c_ozanich
Location: Warren OH
Car: BMW 135i Mpack
Posts: 118
///Monster is on a distinguished road
Default Upholstery Shops

Does anyone know of/have dealt with upholstery shops in NE Ohio? I'm looking in that Youngstown/Akron/Cleveland triangle but willing to drive a little further. I traded my blazer for an Audi and its seats are rough, want to get them re-covered but I've never had to deal with this issue before (front seats are ripped up pretty bad)

I called a local place and as soon as I said "Audi" the price was quoted $1200-$1800 depending on material

WTF?!? I said I wanted pleather--the fake stuff... I told him that I'd search elsewhere haha
__________________
FBO+Tune | LM REPS in "Lollipop RED" | V12's | 35%-20% JOHNSON FILMS | LED SIGNALS | FLAT BLACK KIDNEYS | ST COILS | KERSCHER LIP
///Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is
 
fuztupnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Kevin
Location: Batavia
Car: E36 M3
Posts: 421
fuztupnz is on a distinguished road
Default

I've always heard good things about TnT when i still lived up that way. Got great pricing on a tonneau cover for my truck about 15 years ago through them. Cheapest around at that time for the product i was looking for. They always have some type of hot rod or custom in the shop getting interior done. I've been in cincy for 15 years though, so a lot could have changed since then.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TNT-T...62220793807445
fuztupnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
///Monster
ENGINEER
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Name: c_ozanich
Location: Warren OH
Car: BMW 135i Mpack
Posts: 118
///Monster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuztupnz View Post
I've always heard good things about TnT when i still lived up that way. Got great pricing on a tonneau cover for my truck about 15 years ago through them. Cheapest around at that time for the product i was looking for. They always have some type of hot rod or custom in the shop getting interior done. I've been in cincy for 15 years though, so a lot could have changed since then.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TNT-T...62220793807445
I'm from Warren, where did you previously live?

I can't see FB stuff until lunch (firewalls at work) but if that's TnT as in Tims N Terior and Trim---that's who I called! Maybe there was communication issues on what I want; but I told them no fancy patterns or anything, just the stock line stitching was fine with me.
__________________
FBO+Tune | LM REPS in "Lollipop RED" | V12's | 35%-20% JOHNSON FILMS | LED SIGNALS | FLAT BLACK KIDNEYS | ST COILS | KERSCHER LIP
///Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is
 
fuztupnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Kevin
Location: Batavia
Car: E36 M3
Posts: 421
fuztupnz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monster View Post
I'm from Warren, where did you previously live?

I can't see FB stuff until lunch (firewalls at work) but if that's TnT as in Tims N Terior and Trim---that's who I called! Maybe there was communication issues on what I want; but I told them no fancy patterns or anything, just the stock line stitching was fine with me.

I grew up in Cortland, well Fowler actually. Just east of 11. My parents still live there. I came down here for school at UC and have been here ever since.

Tims is the place. Sucks the pricing is that high. They did full a full tweed interior in a friends truck in HS on the cheap and did great work. Maybe all of their good work has paid off and they now charge an arm and a leg.


Edit: I feel like an old man trying to remember the past. lol So no promises that any of my reco's are valid.

I thought Warren Seat had gone out of business, but i might be wrong.
Check out Warren Auto Seat Cover Google Map

I haven't been there or heard anything from them since i was a kid though. My dad knew someone who worked there ages ago. They redid his truck interior, and our boat, but it's been probably almost 30 years since then i'd guess.
fuztupnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
///Monster
ENGINEER
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Name: c_ozanich
Location: Warren OH
Car: BMW 135i Mpack
Posts: 118
///Monster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuztupnz View Post
I grew up in Cortland, well Fowler actually. Just east of 11. My parents still live there. I came down here for school at UC and have been here ever since.

Tims is the place. Sucks the pricing is that high. They did full a full tweed interior in a friends truck in HS on the cheap and did great work. Maybe all of their good work has paid off and they now charge an arm and a leg.


Edit: I feel like an old man trying to remember the past. lol So no promises that any of my reco's are valid.

I thought Warren Seat had gone out of business, but i might be wrong.
Check out Warren Auto Seat Cover Google Map

I haven't been there or heard anything from them since i was a kid though. My dad knew someone who worked there ages ago. They redid his truck interior, and our boat, but it's been probably almost 30 years since then i'd guess.
Yea I know Cortland pretty good. I've been in Leavittsburg all my life (LaBrae schools if you remember the conference at all)

Maybe I'll have to go talk to him in person. The seats are already yanked out of the car, wouldn't be a big deal to run them over to have him look at when I want while talking about it.
__________________
FBO+Tune | LM REPS in "Lollipop RED" | V12's | 35%-20% JOHNSON FILMS | LED SIGNALS | FLAT BLACK KIDNEYS | ST COILS | KERSCHER LIP
///Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is
 
fuztupnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Kevin
Location: Batavia
Car: E36 M3
Posts: 421
fuztupnz is on a distinguished road
Default

I went to Mathews, so we only played LaBrae on rare occasions. Stupid div. 5 school that we were at the time. lol

But yeah, a lot of those old warren places, still do things old school, face to face, hand shake kinda business. Warren Seat isn't far so it might be worth a stop in there too. Like I said, so much has changed up there, that i don't know if they're high or low on the price scale, or if the still do good work. I'm assuming both must still do good work if they're still in business.

I still hit the Hot Dog Shoppe or Jib Jabs up every time i'm home. lol Those are about the only two places that i know are still good. The last time i went to Cafe 422 it was nowhere near what i grew up with. Sunrise was as greasy spoon as ever though.
fuztupnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
///Monster
ENGINEER
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Name: c_ozanich
Location: Warren OH
Car: BMW 135i Mpack
Posts: 118
///Monster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuztupnz View Post
I went to Mathews, so we only played LaBrae on rare occasions. Stupid div. 5 school that we were at the time. lol

But yeah, a lot of those old warren places, still do things old school, face to face, hand shake kinda business. Warren Seat isn't far so it might be worth a stop in there too. Like I said, so much has changed up there, that i don't know if they're high or low on the price scale, or if the still do good work. I'm assuming both must still do good work if they're still in business.

I still hit the Hot Dog Shoppe or Jib Jabs up every time i'm home. lol Those are about the only two places that i know are still good. The last time i went to Cafe 422 it was nowhere near what i grew up with. Sunrise was as greasy spoon as ever though.
They never change, that's for sure. But yea there's a lot of things going downhill around here fast. On the up side they are putting in a new Quaker Steak and Lube on Elm Rd. Kind of pumped I don't have to drive 20 minutes for cruise ins/wings anymore.

Do you come up often? I'm always down to cruise or whatever--hit me up if your in town.
__________________
FBO+Tune | LM REPS in "Lollipop RED" | V12's | 35%-20% JOHNSON FILMS | LED SIGNALS | FLAT BLACK KIDNEYS | ST COILS | KERSCHER LIP
///Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is
 
fuztupnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Name: Kevin
Location: Batavia
Car: E36 M3
Posts: 421
fuztupnz is on a distinguished road
Default

I don't make it home often anymore. If i'm up for any extended time i'll let you know. I haven't been to a cruise in or one of the QSL's up there forever.
fuztupnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
///Monster
ENGINEER
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Name: c_ozanich
Location: Warren OH
Car: BMW 135i Mpack
Posts: 118
///Monster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuztupnz View Post
I don't make it home often anymore. If i'm up for any extended time i'll let you know. I haven't been to a cruise in or one of the QSL's up there forever.
they are still growing; idk where all these people come from but on sundays there's about 3 different lubes that pack full with cars to the point that parking becomes an issue anywhere in the immediate lot/area
__________________
FBO+Tune | LM REPS in "Lollipop RED" | V12's | 35%-20% JOHNSON FILMS | LED SIGNALS | FLAT BLACK KIDNEYS | ST COILS | KERSCHER LIP
///Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Google+
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
OhioBimmers.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW is a registered trademarks of BMW AG.
Copyright © 2008 - Present , OhioBimmers.com