Go Back   Ohio Bimmers forum > Ohio Bimmers > Showoff

Old 03-31-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Ajcanadian
Newb

Name: Ajwad Anab
Car: 2002 BMW 530I
Ajcanadian is on a distinguished road
Default E39 squared?

My name is AJ, I’m a resident in Perryburg, Ohio. Very, very close from Toledo, Ohio. I live in a small town where there’s an E36 M3, E39 M5, E60 M5 and an F10 M5. But you’d have to be very, very lucky to see the E39 M5 and the E60 M5.

How did I get into BMW’s? Well, the answer is short and simple, it’s my father. He has always loved BMW’s. He is a Captain in a ship. Not just any ship, a car carrier. It was early 00’s and since he was a car enthusiast he would go and check what car he had on his ship. He had, a BMW M5, not just any E39 M5 it was an Avus Blue M5. Upon further, inspection the car turned out to be a full leather car. Which is really really rare. Only a handful of cars were made in that spec. Fun Fact, a friend of mine has an Avus Blue E39 M5 in Full leather.

Anyways, in 2013 my father was looking for a daily driver. I found him a 530i. It was a 2002 very well optioned IMO. Granted, it wasn’t a sport package or anything but, still. The car was in Perrysburg, what a surprise? He was convinced by looking at the car. We called the previous owner and had decided to see it. We went the next day, and my dad was in love with the car. But just like any wise man, he said that he will think about it. Four days later my dad called the owner and told him if he’d meet at Autozone. They met, and had a deal done. $6,000 lighter on the pocket we brought it home.

Now what packages?
Sterlinggrau Mettalic

Manufacture’s Suggested Retail Price $ 39,450

Cold Weather Package $600

-Heated Front Seats

-Headlight Washers

Premium Package $3,300

-Leather upholstery

-power glass moonroof

-Vavona high gloss wood trim

-Integrated garage door opener

-On-board computer

-Auto-dimming rear view mirror

-Rain-sensing windshield wipers

Steptronic Transmission $1,275

Heated Steering Wheel $150

Xenon Headlights $500

Destination Charge $645

Total Suggested Retail Price- $45,920

Anyways, three years later and a lot of maintenance later. The car was handed down to me. I have always loved the E39. Mainly because of my friend Ryan and his Silverstone 00 M5. I have always loved his car.

However, after getting the car. I had a DME reset. I was being an IDIOT. The transmission fluid was never changed and I was pushing the car way too much. And a month later, the tranny started to slip. I didn’t give up hope. Instead, I bought another E39. For very, very cheap.

My 01 Cosmo Black Sport E39 530iA.

This car has 216k miles on it, with no lights on the dash, No, the bulbs aren’t pulled out. This car has been maintained meticulously. This is my winter beater.

I had a vehicle for transportation, so I started to look at used transmissions. I found one and did the swap with a couple of buddies. And the Sterlinggrau runs again! I have a lot of plans for this car. I have a full suspension refresh kit in my basement with a full set of BBS style 42’s rim.

Photo Link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mc?usp=sharing
Ajcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote