Go Back   Ohio Bimmers forum > Ohio Bimmers > Showoff

Old 02-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #41
Hoonter
Srs bsns

Name: Hunter
Car: M3, 740i
Hoonter is on a distinguished road

God I really want to get mine out. Currently it's still behind an iceberg. I want to wait a little bit until the roads get a little better though

Sent from my HTC6435LVW
Hoonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #42
1MM5

Name: Glenn
Car: VO 1M, F10 M5
1MM5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuztupnz View Post
Washed and waxed. Should have been done in November and put away for winter, but life happened. I hope we get more spring weather soon.
Looking good. Any plans for respray or wrap?
Did you take to c&c today?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #43
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is

Name: Kevin
Car: E36 M3
fuztupnz is on a distinguished road

Hoonter: she was supposed to be put away for winter, but got moved to dd status for most of December. Then it just got way too cold to really clean up.

Glen: I'm hoping to do a full respray this sping/early summer. We are contemplating buying a house around the same time, so it may get pushed back. My painter (father) may also be moving around the same time, so no solid plans have been made.

I drove it to work Friday, but took the e34 to fuel since I took my daughter for the first time. E36 coupes and baby seats are a terrible pairing.
fuztupnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #44
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is

Well, buying a house has really set me back...

Not as bad as this though.

On my way home from work last Friday, the car in front of me kicked up a small water/utility cover that was broken. I had nowhere to go and didn't clear it by a long shot. Instantly turned if off and pulled over. Goodbye X-brace, goodbye fuel lines. Hello tow truck.

Thanks to ECS having the parts and quickly shipping them, i was able to get the two hard fuel lines and a filter in yesterday. The X-brace i'll replace at some point, but not today. I'm still working on getting someone to answer a damn phone to report it to the city/waterworks/whoever in hopes of getting some money back.

The belly pan is pretty beat up and I had to straighten out and remount some heat shielding, but no other major damage. X-brace certainly saved the oil pan.

so Thanks City of Cincinnati.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #45
MrBillyTalent
<
OB Supporter

Name: Nunya
Car: e34, e36, e46, e90
MrBillyTalent is on a distinguished road

Holy crap! I had a chunk of rock fly up the other day and hit a lady in front of me, then I hit the hole it came from. About folded my wheel in half. It's scary out there.
MrBillyTalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #46
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is

That's quite the bend. DS1?

I searched all over for the piece(s) of cover. I really wanted the souvenir/proof of what it was.

To add insult to injury, the e34 started puking coolant and runing hot on monday so i had to call off and fix it. Well it's still puking coolant out of the overflow after it's turned off, but it's no longer running hot. Need to find a new aux fan. It's currently seized. Murphy's Law is always right around the corner for me.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 AM   #47
Rudy
CAPT SLW
OB Supporter

Name: Rudy
Car: 2001 BMW 330i
Rudy is on a distinguished road

GL guys, my car died downtown, looks like the alternator is dead. Keep your spirits up!
Old 07-19-2014, 05:27 AM   #48
1MM5

Name: Glenn
Car: VO 1M, F10 M5
1MM5 is on a distinguished road

Kevin,

Can't you try to get the City or the car owner to help pay for damages?
Seem a little more clear cut case with the actual debris being City property......

Never mind, I see you are attempting this already.....

Things like this, though, make a case for full time car cams......

Last edited by 1MM5; 07-19-2014 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Can't read
1MM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #49
MrBillyTalent
<
OB Supporter

Name: Nunya
Car: e34, e36, e46, e90
MrBillyTalent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's quite the bend. DS1?

Yar. Luckily I had a spare. I knew after hearing all the bull**** from the city this last winter (Toledo) that nothing would come of it. Plenty of people had ruined wheels, tires, bumpers, suspension, you name it from how bad the roads were. The city would only pay of you could prove that they knew about it, and neglected it for 30 days.
MrBillyTalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #50
explosiverain
something witty

Car: e36 M3
explosiverain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBillyTalent View Post
Yar. Luckily I had a spare. I knew after hearing all the bull**** from the city this last winter (Toledo) that nothing would come of it. Plenty of people had ruined wheels, tires, bumpers, suspension, you name it from how bad the roads were. The city would only pay of you could prove that they knew about it, and neglected it for 30 days.

I think there was a group in NYC several years back that went around and catalogued every bit of road/sidewalk/etc and had all the pertinent info so you could make your claims.
explosiverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:04 AM   #51
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is

And back from the dead.

Throw out bearing puked last October. It's been on jack stands all winter. Finally pieced everything i wanted together and got it back together last weekend.

Found I had an old Dinan 8.5lb flywheel by Fidanza. Found it wouldn't work with the clutch and pressure plate i bought. Really wanted the clutch and pressure plate, so i did what anyone would do and spent more money. The car now has a JB Racing flywheel mated to a Southbend Stage 2 Endurance clutch. My detents are fine and had been done before by the previous owner. Same with the Guibo. I did do a new CSB and rear main seal while it was out.

I had to replace a front o2 sensor tonight since heating and pounding out an exhaust stud killed the old one, and replaced the right rear ABS sensor (Lucky guess that that was the one lighting up the dash lights).

I still need to put in new clutch pedal bushings and a new stop, swap out my failing brake light switch, and rebuild the Super Charger. I'll be doing new belts and idler pulleys as well. I have all the parts, just need the time. I also need to build a workbench so i have the space. The SC rebuild is more of a want to than a need to, so for now i'm just happy its back on the road.

I'm about 225 miles into the break in, and the clutch feels great. Way more feel than the old one and a ton lighter throw. The old pressure plate was a Sachs racing for an m5 and it was heavy. Too heavy. I'm very happy with the new setup. The flywheel is a work of art. I'm sad that it is hidden away.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:35 AM   #52
Rudy
CAPT SLW
OB Supporter

Old 06-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #53
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is

Moar updates!!

tl;dr - New seats and steering wheel. scroll down for pics

So the instant forward lever broke on the driver's seat. I used it as a "Safety" excuse with the wife to replace my beaten, worn, splitting, factory sport seats. The master plan is fixed seats and a roll cage, but with my lack of every actually getting to the track, a 2 year old, and the fact that i tend to daily it when it's hot so my daughter doesn't die in the A/C deprived e34, I went with recliners.

After some back and forth between what to buy, i went with Corbeau CR1's. They're using a new "tech" fabric instead of the old velour which looks and feels much nicer. I can't justify spending $600+ a seat for something with out an FIA sticker, so they fit the bill in the wallet department. I still ordered them with sub holes incase I put in a rear bar sooner than expected.

I was also sick of the gigantic 4 spoke wheel that was way to far away for good driving position. While ordering the seats from apex performance, I saw wheels made by Driven. $160 for a strong and light wheel seemed like a good deal. They're a small company started by a race driver in one of the Carolinas, so i figured i'd give them a shot. It's hard to justify the $230 for a Momo Mod 08 or 07 these days. Wheel is suede wrapped, 343mm diameter, and has a 89mm dish. I don't love the logo stitched into the suede, but i don't hate it. It's a really nicely made wheel for a hefty amount less than Momo, Sparco, and OMP. I went with a Momo hub, and blank Momo horn button that I "M" striped with some vinyl.

Surprisingly enough, the pumpkin seat is easier to get in and out and fits better than before. Another easy justification for the boss.

On to pics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuztupnz For This Useful Post:
Marcumac (06-28-2015), zeitgeist57 (06-26-2015)
Old 06-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #54
Marcumac
I <3 Kyle
OB Supporter

Name: Adam
Car: '00 M Roadster
Marcumac is on a distinguished road

Looks great man, makes me realize how badly I need a new effing steering wheel.

Previous: E90, ///M Roadster
Current: MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Borgen View Post
I must apologize for Marcumac..We can't take him anywhere
Marcumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #55
explosiverain
something witty

Car: e36 M3
explosiverain is on a distinguished road

Looks really good!
explosiverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:57 AM   #56
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is

Thanks Gents.

I picked up an M50 manifold at Pull N Pay yesterday. It will go on soon when i pull the SC to rebuild it. Maybe the 4th weekend. We'll see.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #57
Rudy
CAPT SLW
OB Supporter

Quote:
Thanks Gents.

I picked up an M50 manifold at Pull N Pay yesterday. It will go on soon when i pull the SC to rebuild it. Maybe the 4th weekend. We'll see.
Nice! Do you need a new tune with the new manifold?

I put a blower on the tailpipe, and sounds like air is blowing all through the headers. Ordering two new BMW gaskets and some studs. I pulled out one stud by hand.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #58
fuztupnz
Is a Pen Is

Yeah I've started researching some tuning options, but it should still be safe to drive as is. The ECU can compensate pretty decently, and the Dinan tune it has is conservative and overly rich. I plan to get it on turn-ins dyno in the near future to see where it stands.

Sounds like you got leak fingered out. Manifolds suck
Old 06-29-2015, 03:12 PM   #59
Rudy
CAPT SLW
OB Supporter

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pts/5079748256.html
Old 06-29-2015, 05:46 PM   #60
fuztupnz