Go Back   Ohio Bimmers forum > Ohio Bimmers > General BMW Chat

Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #41
dantesboyz
AKA Timmy
OB Supporter

Name: Tim
Car: e36 332is e92 335i
dantesboyz is on a distinguished road

unfortunately no, i was trying to remember what i did with mine when i put everything in a few years ago. if you can't get it to work by the weekend let me know and i'll pull mine out of the dash and tell you exactly whati did.

M3 3.23 lsd full rear end swap, Bilstein BTS, M50 manifold, Kassel Performance Ultimate Tune, cheap eBay headers and exhaust, FX Stage 2 Clutch & LWFW
Head rebuilt by Bob Proffit at Performance Research, rebuilt bottom end and everything else done by me, over 9000 miles strong since full S52 rebuild!

My e92, soon to be Burgerized...
dantesboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #42
HotDoggin
Spinderella

Name: Gordon
Car: '03 325it
HotDoggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantesboyz View Post
unfortunately no, i was trying to remember what i did with mine when i put everything in a few years ago. if you can't get it to work by the weekend let me know and i'll pull mine out of the dash and tell you exactly whati did.
I just realized I can't get my stereo back out of the dash without the keys that Nick still has.. Huh..

Well, until I get those and/or some crazy free time and a drive to pull it back out somehow, it looks like it's sittin' for a while.

Was playin' around with it today, and I'm trying to decide if it's even amped? Seems like the strong signal, local stations are great, but the ones I know are farther away start to become weak, and fade when they shouldn't.. Ugh.

Also need to kill the alternator whine I'm hearing in the rear, and I'm suspicious that it's my RCA pre-amp lines running in the same channel as the big starter cable. Noise blockers or shielded cables or relocation??
Old 09-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #43
00Smurf
Banned

Name: Nic
Car: 13 and a bike
00Smurf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDoggin View Post
I just realized I can't get my stereo back out of the dash without the keys that Nick still has.. Huh..

Well, until I get those and/or some crazy free time and a drive to pull it back out somehow, it looks like it's sittin' for a while.

Was playin' around with it today, and I'm trying to decide if it's even amped? Seems like the strong signal, local stations are great, but the ones I know are farther away start to become weak, and fade when they shouldn't.. Ugh.

Also need to kill the alternator whine I'm hearing in the rear, and I'm suspicious that it's my RCA pre-amp lines running in the same channel as the big starter cable. Noise blockers or shielded cables or relocation??
well i have on key. not sure where the other one is. Ive always used a thin screw driver or a thin piece of metal. works just as well.
00Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote