Rudy
CAPT SLW
OB Supporter

Name: Rudy
Car: 2001 BMW 330i
Rudy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack_kcaz View Post
Lol. Sorry about your run in's man... I've had my fair share of tickets and almost lost my security job in 2010 from points. If I knew then what I knew now, and didn't just pay the tickets but went to court on them and plead to a higher fine or just court costs, I would have been in a better spot.

Here at arraignment you plead not guilty, then at trial the prosecutor will ask what you want to do, then they tell the ticketing officer you just want costs, ect, whatever it may be, and the Officer, as long as he isn't a d bag, will say ok and call it a day.
Yep, oh well chalk it up to live and learn. I'm just pissed I didn't realize it was a cruiser in my mirror, even though I noticed him immediately. I'm just going to blame it on my auto-dimming mirror, because it's obviously not my fault I was speeding.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #82
T. Matsuzaka

Car: E36 328i
T. Matsuzaka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why should the officer have to ticket you if he wants to search your car? He's looking fro drugs or weapons. Not to issue as many tickets as he can and seal your change from the cup holder.

Also, why do you consent to search every time? If you told the officer you were just searched, he's most likely going to send you on your way... Unless he has plain smell, then he's kinda obligated to search.
zack_kcaz as an officer do you feel you are allowed to pull someone over under the pretense of tint, front license plate, or even speeding. Only with the intention of searching the vehicle? If so why dont you pull someone over just to search them?

The issue here is that i don't give conceit, and officers use the plain smell law to search my vehicle.

Now officer if your obligated to search and you accuse me of wrong doing by searching my vehicle with probable cause, and you are wrong. Am i obligated to make a complaint about misuse of authority or police harassment?

If you agree can you link a page where i can print a police misconduct report? My area (Montgomery) forces residents to come to the police station and ask from the attendant for a complaint form... Can you explain to me the reasoning of this?
Old 12-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #83
zack_kcaz
Awesome

Name: Zack
Car: 88 535i
zack_kcaz is on a distinguished road

With the intent to search and nothing else, and the pretext was tint, speed or flp, I'd say there is NO PC there, and an illegal search, UNLESS you gave consent. Plain smell, he doesn't need your consent, he can search it all he wants. He can even cuff you and put you in his cruiser if he wants.

With plain smell, he's investigating the crime of illegal drugs use. He needs to search the car in order to find the dope. If he doesn't find it, there is no wrong doing, because he has the PC, the smell of drugs.

I'm also guilty of ASKING to search a car, over a turn signal violation. (we don't have many tint meters, so I've never stopped a driver on tint) Not many people say "no", and even guilty people let us search. It's mind blowing.

You are absolutely obligated to file a report or call his Sgt. If you feel your car/person was illegally searched. Otherwise he won't learn he's violating people's rights.

My wife was stopped illegally on private property over a stop sign in giant eagle parking lot here where we live, I called his Sgt and told him he better talk with his officers.

Here, you can call and report to IA, however for a complete investigation, you have to go in and have an interview with the IA detective.

For plain smell, the officer HAS to smell dope, or alcohol in order to search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Matsuzaka View Post
zack_kcaz as an officer do you feel you are allowed to pull someone over under the pretense of tint, front license plate, or even speeding. Only with the intention of searching the vehicle? If so why dont you pull someone over just to search them.

The issue here is that i don't give conceit, and officers use the plain smell law to search my vehicle.

Now officer if your obligated to search and you accuse me of wrong doing by searching my vehicle with probable cause, and you are wrong. Am i obligated to make a complaint about misuse of authority or police harassment?

If you agree can you link a page where i can print a police misconduct report? My area (Montgomery) forces residents to come to the police station and ask from the attendant for a complaint form... Can you explain to me the reasoning of this?
zack_kcaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #84
T. Matsuzaka

wonderful, even you say its unreasonable for probable cause, but it still happens. Does that mean the officers are saying they are smelling something when they really aren't!!! Really... ya dont say

It happened again less than 2 weeks ago, this time state highway patrol, pulled me over for speeding, pulled a U-turn on SR50 to get me, very dangerous high traffic 45MPH speed limit. Doesnt even ask for my license or insurance just asks me to get out of the car. Tells me that my vehicle smells and that he is going to search my car. I dont argue cause after they say it smells there is no arguing, he pats me down kicking my legs out and feeling my crotch, saying the entire time "if you have anything just tell me" calls a female officer in to search my girlfriend, puts me in a car and my gf in another.

Performs a five min search (most half assed search i have seen to date). comes and gets me out and begins to scold me about how im speeding in a very dangerous zone and im lucky he will give me a warning instead of a ticket. the officer even added "I hope you dont feel as if your being harassed" as he tells me i can go after detaining me on the side of the road for 30-45min and accusing me of wrong doing, searching my personal space and my girlfriends, as well as my car.
Hmm does that seem like harassment or what...

And i need to go tell IA about all this **** at their station... what a joke of accountability.

I dont need you to explain to me this officers rational for doing what he did, i see plenty of dirt bag cops enough to know that im not going to be able to stop a cop from harnessing me in a traffic stop if they want.

Look im sure you are a nice cop but unfortunately there are a lot of cops ruining your reputation and unless something is done to hold them accountable then unfortunately that is a reputation you will have.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #85
Rudy
CAPT SLW
OB Supporter

Name: Rudy
Car: 2001 BMW 330i
Rudy is on a distinguished road

Maybe it's time to get rid of that hemp air freshener man.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #86
T. Matsuzaka

Got me...

Guess i should take the "RIDING DIRTY" euro plate off...
Old 12-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #87
zack_kcaz
Awesome

Honestly, was there actually plain smell?

If the trooper did what you said, I would complain. There is absolutely no reason for cops to be assholes to people. Not all departments require an in person interview.

Everything he did was LEGAL in the sense of patting you down out of plain smell (groping you), and not asking for ID, but he was defiantly "rude and dis-curtious" which is a written reprimand where I work.

IDK how OSP does it, but we don't technically have to give the reason for stop or name/badge until it's "reasonably necessary." Which legally is before the end of the stop. Telling people why they are being detained right away gets much more cooperation though, obviously (except for drunks- every drunk I've arrested, I had "no reason to stop them, they did nothing wrong, it's BS, I'm not allowed to make them get out of the car, I didn't really see them hit the curb, make an illegal u-turn and they only had "one beer, a few hours ago" even though the breathalyzer says they are double the limit of .08 and they failed field sobriety tests.)

I really do appreciate and respect that you know there are good cops out there. The problem is people don't report these bad cops enough. Here, every complaint gets reviewed. Almost always the officer gets a departmental charge for rude and dis-curtious complaints.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #88
T. Matsuzaka

There was no smell, there was nothing in the car...

I appreciate your understanding view point, as well as proactive response towards giving me an outlet to be heard.

here are crime statistics where im from(very low) http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...mery-Ohio.html

I wish that i didn't fear the police, but i do. I wasnt born like this, so its only logical that the interactions that i have had have led me to fear the police or maybe im a criminal as one Mongomery officer put it. Worst thing i have is M4 speeding ticket at that time i had only had MM.

Its hard for me to trust the word of the people that are already harassing me that they will reprimand or departmentally charge the officer for doing so and stop that behavior from happening again. especially when i have to see the officer responsible every time i come home from work... not hard to spot an e36 on style 5's. They are bored cops with nothing to do, i was pulled over often by the same 4 so how could i trust that my complaint would not come back on me inside of my small community?

And im more inclined to complain about OSP because that officer is not a local officer. Unlike Montgomery, i cant change where i grew up and i could not simply move away from the aggressors. As well i cant change what happened to me.

You sound like a perfectly reasonable person and for the record if i see 1/10th of the humanity you have shown here from an officer generally im one of the politest people you can run into. maybe argumentative but polite...

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I once argued with a sheriff long enough to bring up his stance on balancing authority with aggressive vs non-aggressive demeanor of the people he ran into.

He said something like "If a person wants to get aggressive or bullish with me then i am obligated to take control of the situation with authoritative force to maintain control"

He followed this sentence up with something i didnt expect, he said "someone of your demeanor i dont see sense or reason in doing so because it only diminishes mutual repsect". This was an officer that was so professional i could not argue anymore because of his unflinching professionalism, one of the few good experiences and he wrote me a ticket...

See i dont blindly hate cops, i hate the ones that have shaped my view of police into my current opinion and any officer that conducts himself in a manor that adds to the negative opinion about the police within my own community that are supposed to be protecting me.

its a vicious cycle im afraid...

Last edited by T. Matsuzaka; 12-04-2014 at 09:46 PM.
T. Matsuzaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #89
zack_kcaz
Awesome

Oh wow.

I wish I could apologize for those officers who did you wrong, but I know I can't.

It's surprising, after some/most arrests, the suspects either tell me thank you, or "your the coolest cop/s I've ever met!" and a handshake.

There's just no reason for me to be an ass when the only thing that I will get out of it is a complaint and a departmental charge.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #90
T. Matsuzaka

For instance of abusive authority i'm going to start requesting dogs, and see if i can get their superior to show up. So their superior can see they are wasting the departments time and money. And make sure to request names and badge numbers for reference in case.

Officer have you had anyone request your name/badge number preemptively as a show of knowledge of the departmental charge system?

Do you think this would just piss off most police or would this make an officer second guess there ability to walk all over someone?
Old 12-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #91
zack_kcaz
Awesome

Officer have you had anyone request your name/badge number preemptively as a show of knowledge of the departmental charge system?
They don't necessarily know of the departmental charge system, but they think they will get me in trouble, or scare me into letting them go. I can't just let criminals or drunks go on with their marry way and do nothing about it.

Do you think this would just piss off most police or would this make an officer second guess there ability to walk all over someone?

If I was violating your rights, I would be pissed and probably let you go, Vs. making a false report for your arrest and losing my job.
The Following User Says Thank You to zack_kcaz For This Useful Post:
T. Matsuzaka (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #92
T. Matsuzaka

Quote:

If I was violating your rights, I would be pissed
^ This is great

Thanks for the informative responses hopefully this will help...

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote:
They don't necessarily know of the departmental charge system, but they think they will get me in trouble, or scare me into letting them go. I can't just let criminals or drunks go on with their marry way and do nothing about it.
I dont want this for in case of a professional officer doing his job, I need this for the officers that pull me over for speeding and have me and my gf detained for more than 30min. And when they yield no results they scold me for what ever they legally can in order to belittle me.

Are police officers supposed to verbally abuse people?
Is an officer inclined to make presumptions of someones innocence or guilt?
Is an officer inclined to make such statements as calling me a criminal?
Are these things that every citizen in OHIO has had happen to them regularly?
These are all things that happen to me without a crime being committed on my part is this standard behavior?

If so maybe im over reacting...
Old 12-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #93
zack_kcaz
Awesome

No, to all of those questions.

There was an officer in Washington Courthouse who did the same thing to a reporter, he eventually got suspended (w or wout pay, IDK) but he hasn't caused any issues since that I know of.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #94
T. Matsuzaka

I must admit i'm partially at fault, due to not knowing and using the proper outlets to make my situation known, and there in, accountable...

Thank you for the knowledge Zack, you sound like an honest cop...
Old 12-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #95
zack_kcaz
Awesome

Thanks.

I also don't ticket people for violations I make myself while off duty. Unless I suspect them of driving drunk, then if they are sober, it's a warning, and they are free to go within a few minutes.